Boat seats are special accessories that boat owners can include in their vessels. A boat seat is also known as fishing chair, bucket seat and drop away seat. Manufactures produce standard and custom seat for boats. You can choose a boat seat according with the model and size of your boat. It is important to purchase a confortable seat to your boat, if you enjoy spending several hours sailing. They are designed to provide safety and stability. A boat seat has not only the purpose of comfort, it also help boat owners to stay away from danger since it is not a good idea to remain standing while they are sailing rough waters, coastline waters or harbor waters.
Boat seats are widely used by mariners and novel sailors; they provide the enough comfort to boat owners to remain long periods of time on their boats. They are not very expensive. You can purchase a cheap seat which covers your needs. If you do not find the model of the seat you need, you can ask manufactures for a custom boat seat. These models are quite expensive that universal models but they provide you a unique style for your boat.
The following seats are the most popular in the market:
- Fold-Down Boat Seat: it is perhaps the most common model. It comes in different sizes for a variety of watercrafts.
- Pro Seat: it is a special model of boat seat, it helps to reduce fatigue.
- Boat Chair: It is not as comfortable as the other models but provides more space for sitting.
- Bucket & Sport Seat: it provides a snug confortable ride. It is very popular in the United States and Europe.
- Jump Boat Seat: You can use this model if you want to have more space in your boat.
- Lounge Seat:This style provides storage space.
- Bench Seat: You can use this model to replace the seating in bass boats.
How to choose boat seats
Today, there are a wide variety of options to choose a boat seat. Boat shops offer different sizes, colors, styles and prices for seats. If you do not how to choose a seat for your boat, the following tips will help you with this task:
- It is a good idea to choose a seat that fulfills your needs.
- You should buy a non-expensive but confortable seat.
- You might always choose a seat that is made of long lasting materials.
- The appearance is an important factor on choosing a seat.
You must keep on mind that your election will depend on the type of boat you have. If you have a small model, you should purchase a small but confortable boat seat. If you have a luxury model, you should buy a boat seat that match with the appearance of your boat. Whatever the model of boat you have, it is sure you will find an adequate boat seat.
How to install a boat seat
Install a boat seta is not a difficult task. When you buy a bat seat, it comes with a useful manual which provide you instructions to install your seat in your boat. However, if you model of boat seat does not have those instructions, you can follow these tips:
- Set your boat seat on the deck you consider is adequate.
- Use a pencil to mark the base of your seat on the deck.
- Set the brackets inside the lines you before marked with the pencil.
- Mark the holes for the screws.
- Set the mounting frames of the seat over the screw locations.
- Set screws with a screwdriver.
- Put your boat seat over the frames.
- Set the boat seat with screws and a screwdriver.
When you finish the installation, make sure you set the screws properly. You can sit on your new boat seat to feel its comfort. If you do not like how it looks on your boat, you can change the position or purchase other model of seat.
How to clean your boat seat
It is important to clean and provide maintenance to your boat seat in order to expand its life span. You can follow these steps to keep clean your seat:
- Use mild soap to clean and remove dirt from your boat seat.
- Use warm water to clean quickly soap residuals.
- Dry your boat seat with canvas or sponge.
- Apply vinyl protector.
These are small instructions to clean your seat. You can use other products to get better results or to protect your seat.