Going out on your own boat, sail over the ocean and enjoy the fresh air is definitely an amazing experience, prices vary according to what you want, and the boat supply market is always one step ahead to provide all the boats needed. Over the years the number of boats sold increases and decreases, as well as the number of boaters, nevertheless, this business is very stable and the sale of some of the models available is constantly growing.
The boat market varies year to year, in the last two years the general sales increased, but let's take a look at the last 2 years in the US:
Boat Market between December 2010 and December 2011
- Sales of aluminum fish boats increased 13.8%.
- Sales of Pontoon boats increased 22.7%.
- Sales of fiberglass inshore and offshore boats increased 10.5%.
- Sales of fiberglass deck and bowrider boats increased 0.7%.
- Sales of fiberglass cruisers decreased 35.9%.
- Sales of fiberglass yachts decreased 22.4%.
- Sales of semi-custom or customized boats increased 42.9%.
- The biggest sales decrease was in the electric boats, 57.9%.
Boat market between April 2011 and April 2012
- Sales of aluminum fish boats increased 12.8%.
- Sales of Pontoon boats increased 37.7%.
- Sales of fiberglass inshore and offshore boats increased 14.5%.
- Sales of fiberglass deck and bowrider boats decreased 3.2%.
- Sales of fiberglass cruisers decreased 16.5%.
- Sales of fiberglass yachts were de same, no increase and no decrease.
- Sales of semi-custom or customized boats increased 12.5%.
- The biggest sales increase was in the houseboat market, 100%.
In both years the total boat industry grows 7.6% between December 2010 and 2011, and 17.5% between April 2011 and 2012. This general numbers include jet boats, ski boats, PWC, sail boats, electric and houseboats.
Take a look at the following topics about boat supply, there you will find very useful information to announce, sell and rent your boat: