Rent a Yacht
Buying a yacht is very difficult since they are pretty expensive, but for everyone that wants to make a trip in one of these boats without spending a huge amount of money, there is the option to rent one. Traveling in open seas is a dream for many people, so if you are one of those people, finding the transportation you will be just one step closer to reach that dream.
Things to consider for renting a yacht
Here is a list of the most important things you have to consider for yacht rentals:
- Location: There are plenty of places that everyone wants to visit, and if you have done a good research you are going to know that in a lot of them you can navigate on yachts. You have to consider that not all the renting companies of yachts operate everywhere so you have to keep it in mind. Depending on the city or place you visit, the companies are going to be different.
- Looking for a company: Once you have arrived to the place that you want to visit, it is important that you look for the yacht companies in the area in order to know if they rent yachts or not. If they do rent yachts you have to ask for general information like: price information, restrictions, requirements, insurance requirements and many others. You can also try to find the information you are looking for on the website of the company. Remember that you need to find out the best company for you.
- Crew and captain: Most of the companies that rent yachts do not let their property in newbie hands, so they ask for a guarantee at the moment to rent a yacht. They try to let the boats in hands of a professional, or in hands of someone that know about driving this kind of boats. If there is not someone that can be in charge of driving the yacht, the company will not let you contract its services. Other companies can provide you a driver, but the price will be higher so it is recommended that you find someone close.
- Planning: When you have found the best company for your needs, it is important you make a list of the things the yacht should have, and other things that will be nice it has.
- What does the price include: Once you have decided which of the companies you are going to pick, it is important to know what are you paying for, so ask what the contract includes and read it carefully, this way you will avoid surprises.
- Insurance: Every yacht that is going to be rented has insurance by law. Then, when you rent a yacht, you have to ask what include the insurance of this boat. Make sure to fulfill all the requirements needed to avoid any kind of problem.
Types of yacht you can rent
Among the variety of yachts you can rent are the following:
- Day sailing yachts. Also called "Dinghies". They have a length, less than 20 feet. They are designed for daily journeys; that is why they don't have a cabin.
- Weekender Yachts. They are longer than the Dinghies (spanning up to 30 feet in length), the cabin that they have are big enough for 2 to 3 people. They are used for a journey of one to two days.
- Cruiser Yachts. They are a combination of comfort, speed and lightness. The size of these yachts range from 23 to 46 feet. They can be either multi-hull or inboard yachts.
- Racing Yacht. This type of yachts is especially for sport lovers. These yachts have flat bottoms and wide beams. The accommodation is very basic.
- Luxury Yachts. The length of these boats range from 82 feet and longer. How its name suggests this is a well-equipped boat that include TV, large cabins, air conditioning, etc.
The previous are the possible types of yachts that you can rent. Then according to your purpose and likes, choose one and have a great time!